Aspen has just published Cross-Examination Handbook: Persuasion, Strategies and Techniques (416 pages) by Ronald H. Clark, George (Bob) Dekle and William S. Bailey. The Cross-Examination Handbook shows how to take control and cross examination. All the essential skills and strategies you need are covered. And, the Handbook provides step-by-step instruction combined with outstanding examples from illustrious cases such as the John Scopes, Enron, Sen. Stevens and OJ Simpson trials.
Cross-examination skills training assignments or two criminal and to civil cases are provided for use in law school classes and professional skills development CLE workshops.
SUMMARY OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction to Book, CD & Website
2. Purposes of Cross & the Total Trial Approach
3. The Content & Concession-Seeking Cross
4. Constructing the Cross: Your Chance to Testify
5. Impeachment Cross: Reliability
6. Impeachment Cross: Report
7. Impeachment Cross: Reporter
8. Character & Conduct in Trial
9. Witness Control: Strategies & Techniques
10. Preparing the Winning Cross-Examination
11. Cross-Examining Expert Witnesses
12. Forgetters, Perjurers, Adverse Witnesses, Deponents, & More
13. Ethical & Legal Boundaries of Cross
14. Cases and Assignments
CD in pocket of back cover: Case Files for two civil & two criminal cases
TEACHER’S MANUAL (100 pages) with Actors’ Guide with instructions for witnesses who will be subject to cross-examinations.