Obtaining a password
Students purchasing Pretrial, Trial, or Evidence books for a law school class will be supplied a password and instructions as to how to access the supplemental materials by their professor.
Other purchasers: If you purchased the Pretrial, Trial, or Evidence book and aren't part of a law school class, email Wolters Kluwer customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a password.
- COURTROOM ATTIRE FOR WOMEN
This is a subject about which I’m totally unqualified to render an opinion. I’m perfectly comfortable discussing a man’s trial uniform. A man’s trial proper courtroom attire normally is a dark suit, white or blue shirt, a tie that may have a pattern but not a loud one, brown or black shoes coordinated with the […]
- SHOOTING IN A TAVERN ON A SATURDAY NIGHT
Today’s headline in the local newspaper is “Jury awards $3.7M to estate of Munchbar shooting victim.” The newspaper account describes how a jury awarded the estate of the deceased $3.5 million with the tavern being held responsible for 75% and other participants in a fight leading up to the shooting being responsible for the remaining 25%. The shooter […]
- DAVID BOIES ADVICE TO TRIAL LAWYERS
David Boies is America’s preeminent trial lawyer. His successes include cases, such as that against California’s Proposition 8 and the Microsoft antitrust case. In an interview with Katrina Dewey for Lawdragon, he described his belief that it was an honor to make a living and a difference practicing law:
“I’ve always believed that one […]
- DAVID BOIES’ ADVICE ON CROSS-EXAMINATION
David Boies once again proved his preeminence as a cross-examiner in California’s Proposition 8 case. After driving out two of the other side’s experts when he took their depositions, Boies then turned the one remaining expert into his with his cross-examination at trial.
How does David Boies over and over again conduct devastating cross-examinations? […]
- IMPORTANT COURTHOUSE DOG MANUAL NOW AVAILABLE
An important manual concerning courthouse dogs has just become available to the public. Courthouse dogs provide emotional support for child and other vulnerable victims and witnesses in the legal system. In the not too distant past, vulnerable victims were given short shrift by the justice system. The manual recounts my experiences with children in […]